Friday, September 1, 2017

Time by Hootie & the Blowfish


This is the first song by Hootie, I haven't even posted a song by Darius Rucker yet. You'll see more of both on here.



Time, why you punish me? 
Like a wave bashing into the shore 
You wash away my dreams. 
Time, why you walk away? 
Like a friend with somewhere to go 
You left me crying 
Can you teach me about tommorrow 
And all the pain and sorrow 
Running free? 

Cause tomorrow's just another day 
And I don't believe in time 
Time, I don't understand 
Children killing in the street 
Dying for the color of red 
Time, hey there red and blue 
Wash them in the ocean, make them clean, 
Maybe their mothers won't cry tonight 
Can you teach me about tomorrow 
All the pain and sorrow 
Running free? 
But tomorrow's just another day 
And I don't believe in... 

[chorus:]
Time is wasting 
Time is walking 
You ain't no friend of mine 
I don't know where i'm goin' 
I think I'm out of my mind 
Thinking about time 
And if I die tomorrow, yeah 
Just lay me down in sleep 

[chorus]

Time, you left me standing there 
Like a tree growing all alone 
The wind just stripped me bare, stripped me bare 
Time, the past has come and gone 
The future's far away 
Now only lasts for one second, one second 
Can you teach me about tomorrow 
And all the pain and sorrow 
Running free? 
'Cause tomorrow's just another day 
And I don't believe in time 

[chorus]

Time, why you punish me?

  • This is the 365th song to appear on this blog.
  • This is the 1st song by Hootie and the Blowfish and they are the 262nd different artist to appear on this blog.
  • This is the 4th song released in 1994 on this blog.
  • This is the 104th song listed in the Rock genre on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment