Friday, December 22, 2017

Smoke Break by Carrie Underwood


I know this song but not as well as a lot of her other music. I just don't think it's come up a bunch on my playlist.



She's a small-town, hard-working woman just trying to make a living
Working three jobs, feeding four little mouths in a run-down kitchen
When you never taking nothing and doing nothing but giving
It's hard to be a good wife and a good mom and a good Christian

She said, "I don't drink"
"But sometimes I need a stiff drink"
"Sipping from a highball glass"
"Let the world fade away"
She said, "I don't smoke"
"But sometimes I need a long drag"
"Yeah, I know it might sound bad"
"But sometimes I need a smoke break"

He's a big-city, hard-working man just trying to climb the ladder
First generation to go to college instead of driving a tractor
Never had nothing handed to him on a silver platter
It's hard to be a good man, good son, do something good that matters

He said, "I don't drink"
"But sometimes I wanna pop that top"
"Take a swig and make the world stop"
"And watch it fade away"
He said, "I don't smoke"
"But sometimes I wanna light it up"
"Yeah, when things get tough"
"Sometimes I need a smoke break, yeah"

So here's to you and here's to when the day gets long
Go ahead, I understand if you wanna take a load off

I don't drink
But sometimes I need a stiff drink
Sipping from a highball glass
Let the world fade away
Yeah, and I don't smoke
But sometimes I need a long drag
Yeah, I know it might sound bad
But sometimes I need a, sometimes I need a

When the day gets long
When the work's all done
When the sun sets
When you need to forget
Grab that cup,
Fill it up
Sip it slow
And let it all go

  • This is the 462nd song on this blog.
  • This is the 2nd song by Carrie Underwood on this blog.
  • This is the 15th song released in 2015 on this blog.
  • This is the 60th song listed in the Country genre on this blog.

Other Carrie Underwood hits on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment