Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Keep On Loving You by REO Speedwagon


Technically, this isn't the last song of the day but the next to last song of the day. Crazy Train by Ozzie Osbourne came on last but it was already done on this blog.

REO Speedwagon has a lot of great music, this is only one of them. It's not my favorite by them but it is certainly up there on the list. I don't think I would have thought of this as a 1980 release, it seems like it was more mid 80's but that was a long time ago and I'm old and forgetful.



You should've seen by the look in my eyes, baby
There was somethin missin
You should've known by the tone of my voice, maybe
But you didn't listen
You played dead
But you never bled
Instead you lay still in the grass
All coiled up and hissin
And though I know all about those men
Still I don't remember
Cause it was us baby, way before then
And we're still together
And I meant, every word I said
When I said that I love you I meant
That I love you forever

[Chorus:]
And I'm gonna keep on lovin you
Cause it's the only thing I wanna do
I don't wanna sleep
I just wanna keep on lovin you

[Solo]

And I meant every word I said
When I said that I love you I meant
That I love you forever

[Chorus]


  • This is the 63rd song on this blog.
  • This is the first song by REO Speedwagon on this blog.
  • This is the fourth song released in 1980 on this blog.
  • This is the thirteenth song listed in the 80's genre on this blog.
I'm going out of town this weekend so I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to post while I'm away, schedule some posts or just put the blog away for the weekend. We are going camping so I won't exactly have my laptop right there. Sure, I could take it and run some wifi off my phone and come up with a post each evening. Not sure if I want to though. Technically, there won't be a last song of my day because when I camp, I'm usually in the tent by myself so I fall asleep with my headphones on so my "last" song will be when I shut it off when I wake up. We'll see what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment