Thursday, October 13, 2016

King's Ransom by Petra


Finally! I've been waiting for a Petra song to come on because I have a ton of their stuff on here. Back when I listened to Christian music, they were putting out an album (or 2) every year throughout the 80's decade. I had them all too which would be how so much ended up on my playlists.


This album is listed on the Albums I've Owned page.

This artist is listed on the Albums I've Owned page.

It's such a paradox - it's such a mystery 
Why a King would leave His throne to save humanity 
They could not have known when they mocked Him in disgrace 
They could not have known when they spit upon His face 

The Rose of Sharon wore a crown of thorns that day 
The carpenter had a nail right through His hand 
The Master of the earth became a servant of no worth 
And paid a King's ransom for my soul 
He paid a King's ransom for my soul 

Creator of the earth - Name above all names 
Some just stood in unbelief when listening to His claims 
They could not have known when they hit Him with their fists 
They could not have known when they nailed his feet and wrists 

The ransom that He paid was the sacrifice he made 
The life of a King in place of me 
The shame that He bore for the rich and for the poor 
Changed His crown of thorns into glory


  • This is the 91st song on this blog.
  • This is the first song by Petra and they are the 81st artist on this blog.
  • This is the first song released in 1986 on this blog.
  • This is the thirteenth song listed in the Christian genre on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment