Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Restore My Soul by the Choir



I call to you
With one lung exploded
From breathing the dust of the earth
With my tongue eroded
From licking the crust of the earth
A tear away from reconciled
A prayer away from whole
Restore my soul

I cry to you
With two eardrums blistered
From laughing with preachers of night
With my vertebrae twisted
From dancing with creatures of night
A day away from sanctified
A breath away from whole
Restore my soul

I crawl to you
With ten fingers smoking
From turning the pages of sin
With my spirit choking
From earning the wages of sin
A bridge away from justified
A step away from whole
Restore my soul


Listened to 98 songs today.

Listened to the 50th song by Elton John this year.
Listened to the 100th song by Billy Joel this year.

Listened to the 100th song by Foreigner since 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment