Sunday, November 29, 2020

Random Artist #2 - Creed

I have a list of all the artists on my playlists on a spreadsheet that have numbers next to them. I'll put the highest number in the Google Random Number Generator, click random 3 times and take that number that comes up and see the artist that is listed and do a post.

One of the reasons for these posts is when the artist comes up, I'm going to go and look at some of their other hits and see if I already know them or like them in order to add them to my playlists. Hopefully along with that, you all could make some suggestions in the comments from the artist that I might be missing out on.

Creed

What I remember about Creed is cranking the album Human Clay up with the windows down. It came out about the same time I was just getting into rock and I loved their sound. I loved the passion that they sang with, My favorite was What If off that album. I remember having that CD as well as My Own Prison and Weathered.

Any song off the Human Clay soundtrack triggers the memory of sitting outside my (now ex) wife's work to pick her up in her red Ford Ranger, with the windows down and the stereo up.

I've listened to 273 tracks from Creed since 2018. They are ranked #55 in tracks listened to since 2018 as well.


Studio Albums:

  1. My Own Prison (1997)
  2. Human Clay (1999)
  3. Weathered (2001)
  4. Full Circle (2009)
As I stated above, I had the first 3 albums on CD. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything off of Full Circle so I guess my homework is to listen to that album.

Songs on my playlist:
  1. Higher
  2. My Own Prison
  3. My Sacrifice
  4. One
  5. One Last Breath
  6. Overcome
  7. Rain
  8. Torn
  9. Weathered
  10. What If
  11. What's This Life For
  12. With Arms Wide Open
  13. Young Grow Old
That last song, Young Grow Old, was on a WWF (WWE) compilation CD. It was the theme song to one of their pay-per-views.

I added 3 other songs after listening to more of their stuff. 2 of those were from Full Circle.

If you have any suggestions of other Creed songs, feel free to leave them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment