Sunday, November 22, 2020

Random Artist - Culture Club

I'm going to start these Random Artists posts occasionally. Basically, I have a list of all the artists on my playlists on a spreadsheet that have numbers next to them. I'll put the highest number in the Google Random Number Generator, click random 3 times and take that number that comes up and see the artist that is listed and do a post.

One of the reasons for these posts is when the artist comes up, I'm going to go and look at some of their other hits and see if I already know them or like them in order to add them to my playlists. Hopefully along with that, you all could make some suggestions in the comments from the artist that I might be missing out on.

Culture Club

Culture Club were pretty big in the early 80's. They were an English band who had a number of crossover hits in the US. Obviously I first came across them on the local radio stations which back in the 80's was really the only way to come across music other than buying a random album at the store. When I was compiling the album list, the last 2 surprised me as I didn't know they got back together but I wasn't really into music into the last few years so it shouldn't surprise me that I didn't know that.


Studio Albums

  1. Kissing to Be Clever (1982)
  2. Colour by Numbers (1983)
  3. Waking Up With the House on Fire (1984)
  4. From Luxury to Heartache (1986)
  5. Don't Mind if I Do (1999)
  6. Life (2018)

I put one of Boy George's singles on this list as well because I only had one and most people think of him when you talk about Culture Club anyways.

Songs on my playlists

  1. Church of the Poison Mind
  2. Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
  3. I'll Tumble 4 Ya
  4. Karma Chameleon
  5. Miss Me Blind
  6. the Crying Game (Boy George)
  7. Time (Clock of the Heart)
I just added Miss Me Blind and Time to the playlist while listening to some top tracks on their Spotify page so I only have a couple of listens between those 2 tracks but between the other 5, I have 80 listens since 2018.

Let me know if there are any other tracks from Culture Club or Boy George that I should give a listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment