Saturday, August 13, 2016

Casual Christian by DeGarmo & Key



Previous Song - Penny Lane by the Beatles
Next Song - Leave the Memories Alone by Fuel


I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. It was at a conference in Indianapolis. While I listened to the band already, I hadn't heard this song. Come to find out, it was an earlier album before I started listening to Christian music.

It's more than a wish, more than a daydream
More than just a passing whim
Yes, I've said this all before
A thousand times or more
I don't wanna waste my life in chains of sin

Chorus

I don't wanna be, I don't wanna be a casual Christian
I don't wanna live, I don't wanna live a lukewarm life
Because I wanna light up the night
With an everlasting light
I don't wanna live the casual Christian life

This life is filled with strong distractions
One pulls from the left one from the right
I've already made up my mind
Gonna leave this world behind
Gonna make my life a living sacrifice

Anything & Everything Playlist


  • This is the first song by DeGarmo & Key on this blog.
  • This is the second song released in 1985 on this blog.
  • This is the sixth song in the Christian genre on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment