Sunday, January 15, 2017

In the Still of the Night by the Five Satins


I've always liked this song but grew to like it more when Boyz II Men covered it in the early 90's.



In the still of the night
I held you
Held you tight
'Cause I love
Love you so
Promise I'll never
Let you go
In the still of the night

I remember
That night in May
The stars were bright above
I'll hope and I'll pray
To keep
Your precious love
Well before the light
Hold me again
With all of your might
In the still of the night

So before the light
Hold me again
With all of your might
In the still of the night
In the still of the night


  • This is the 174th song on this blog.
  • This is the 1st song by the Five Satins and they are the 144th different artist to appear on this blog.
  • This is the 1st song released in 1956 on this blog.
  • This is the 4th song listed in the Soul genre on this blog.
Top 10 (all-time)
  1. White Christmas by Bing Crosby continues to move up the list 2 spots to the 7th spot jumping Mama, I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne and Circle Slide by the Choir.
  2. Hip Hop Hooray by Naughty by Nature also popped itself back on the list after being bumped off yesterday. It knocks the Other Side by Aerosmith off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment