Monday, January 22, 2018

I Am On the Rock by Petra


This was the last album that I listened to a ton of theirs. I picked up their next album but I was on the way out of listening to Christian music. This was/is one of my favorite albums by Petra.



The earth is shakin' 
It's like a bad dream 
This world is crumblin' 
Comin' apart at the seam, 
But I am on the Rock, I am on the Rock

Everywhere I'm turning
It's only bad news 
This bomb is tickin'
And we're getting to the end of the fuse,
But I am on the Rock, I am on the Rock

Are you ready?

[Chorus]
I am on the Rock, the sure foundation 
I am on the Rock, on the Rock/I am on the Rock/the Rock of Jesus
I am on the Rock, His revelation 
I am on the Rock.
Though the winds may blow 
And though the floods may grow 
I shall not be moved, 'cause I am on the Rock 

The storm's approaching,
I'm standing high and dry 
Firmly planted
On the Rock that is higher than I,
I am on the Rock, I am on the Rock

Kingdoms failing,
They fall around me 
Plans eroded
And washing away to the sea,
I am on the Rock, I am on the Rock

Are you ready?

[Chorus]

There is no Rock in this world but our God!

[Chorus]


  • This is the 492nd song on this blog.
  • This is the 12th song by Petra on this blog.
  • This is the 14th song released in 1990 on this blog.
  • This is the 57th song listed in the Christian genre on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment